Here are a few stories from people who have actually made it out of the woods....
Dances with Dirt - Gnaw Bone
- Dances with Dirt Gnaw Bone made for a great first trail run and ultra marathon experience!
- By far, the coolest race I have ever done!
- The medal, shirts, and "death waiver" are awesome!
- Man, that race was stupid. It was awesome. It was magic.
- Has now become my favorite of the 50ks I've run
- This race is put on by a group of psychos from Michigan
- Danced with dirt, slopped in mud, ran through a river...
- Comfort zones are for wimps
- To put it plainly, I got everything I paid for at Dances with Dirt
Dances with Dirt - Devil's Lake
- I would be tempted to do the race next year, just to get to see the view again
- ...one of the gnarliest 50ks they'd done
- Comparatively, road races are rather prosaic
- EXTREME 10 indeed!
- It's an @$$-kicking good time!
Dances with Dirt - Hell
- This course was made to test your resolve and get you dirtyA hundred percent reason to remember the name
- Why run 50 miles? To be completely honest, I don't know.
- I had the pleasure of joining several hundred other lovely nutcases in Pinckney and Hell
- I should have known there was something funny in the air
- The quest for the Belt Buckle comes to an end!